Sabot L'ours (sabotlours) wrote,
Sabot L'ours

  • Mood:
  • Music:
I really shouldn't have posted yesterday. I needed a day to sit back and fully digest the con before posting. I was just so taken with the technology of being able to post while cruising along at 80 MPH through the middle of nowhere that I had to post. I also don't want to be one of those people who post about cons 6 months after the fact or say that they will post a full report later and never do. I will also try not be like the folks who will post about a con several days straight after the event. Consider this the digested con report complete with corn and peanuts. *lol*

I was happy to help out again doing staff feed/con suite. It just seemed to really eat into my con time. Between manning the room for several hours a day and taking the time out to go shopping, it seemed that a lot of con time was lost. Califur is small enough that one doesn't need a lot of time for panels, art show, dealer's den, etc, but I wanted more time to just chill and spend some quality time with folks. I managed to get in a lot of time like that, but I could always use more. Of course the highlight of any con with albear is to wake up, shower, and pop open a beer with him. tarnac has his camelback filled with alky goodness. I have my 26 oz white plastic cup. I love walking around a con with a refreshing alcoholic beverage in my paw. There's something very nice in keeping a low-level buzz going all day. I tried to remain in control at the room parties unlike at FC earlier this year. When I did lay down during the party it was mostly due to just plain exhaustion. Waking up at 7 every day to make sure that there is coffee and danish for staff is a pretty tough thing to do especially when you have been partying past midnight the night before.

I didn't go to a single planned event except for the patron's dinner. I had wanted to go to the pet auction, but it was SRO by the time I got there. I had tickets to the cabaret, but just didn't want to go. I think I made only a couple of trips to the dealers den and art show, but nothing really interested in me. If rockopup hadn't stopped by our room party, I don't think I would have commissioned any art. I also picked up another badge from brown_wolf, but I had ordered that before the con.

As I had mentioned only suited a couple of times. I wore Freesia one night and then wore Sabot in the fursuit parade. I put on my open-faced Pooh suit once and of course there was Daisy Duck. I found that blizl had posted some pics so I yoinked one.

Yeah. I'm crazy like that. *lol* Don't bet me to wear anything like that in public because you know I'll take the bet. It's fodder for places like SomethingAwful, but I am definitely one who can laugh at myself. It also pokes fun at just how ridiculous this whole furry thing is, but it's the most fun I have had in my entire life, so I will continue to immerse myself in it. No regrets.

It was great to re-connect with people as well as meet some new friends. I'm hoping for a repeat at Rocky Mountain FurCon next month and AC the month after that. I would do a "shout-out" section, but I always forget someone. It was great to be able to get fuzzy again after the long dry spell since FC. It was great to re-acquaint myself with my big adopted dyslexic family. *lol*
  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.