One of the bad parts about making motel reservations ahead of time is that you get locked into a specific itinerary. It's not all that bad, but if you arrive early you could have perhaps driven another 100 miles or so. Perhaps road conditions suck and a deviation north or south would help out. Well, that's where I'm at this morning. I was looking at the weather radar going, "Fuck!" It looked like another day of shitty weather. But wait! I can do whatever the hell I want! I will be at Chez Madre tonight. I can take any route I want between here and there! I had been so locked into the mindset of taking 36 across MO that I forgot I was right next to an interstate that could whisk me north to Des Moines where I would then pick up 80 to take me right into Chicago! And it looked like there was a lot less rain to the north. Trainspotting in the rain is no fun anyway. Maybe next time. So off I go!