Just before AlbuFURque last month, the ice maker in the freezer decided to stop working. Since I had stopped hearing the familiar "whoosh" which signals the water valve opening to fill the ice maker, I assumed the little switch was shot. I ordered a new one. It arrived a few days ago and installed it. Nothing. Hmmmmm. I could hear the motor working, but no water was being released. I disconnected the line and waited for the next cycle. A nice jet of water came out. That must mean there was some sort of obstruction in the ice maker. The logical answer was that something must be frozen in the maker. I unplugged the refrigerator and we transferred everything into the fridge in the garage. We took the opportunity to give the fridge a nice thorough cleaning. It also gave us an opportunity to see exactly what the heck we had buried in the back of the fridge. I plugged it back in, let it cool down, and threw the switch for the ice maker. ICE! I was very proud of myself that I fixed the minor problem on my own. I'm usually all claws when it comes to home repair/improvement.