Sabot L'ours (sabotlours) wrote,
Sabot L'ours

London Post #6

I'm typing this so you know that all is well. We got onto the Tube around 9:00 this morning when the drama was unfolding on a different line. The only thing we knew was that there was a disruption on another line "due to police activity." It wasn't until we were having lunch that we learned there was a supposed botched terrorist act. The police are downplaying it, so perhaps it was simply the act of some local tard. We shall soon find out I'm sure. The reason we were on the Tube was that we went to the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace. We got there early so we got front row "seats." Actually we ended up standing for a couple of hours. We had a jolly good time making fun of a tiny female "bobby" who was doing crowd control. Somebody in our group said "Hey! It's Judy Hops!" And the jokes flowed for the entire time. Fucking furries! The ceremony was nice. The marching band lead off with Stevie Wonder's "Sir Duke" which was amusing. After the guard had been changed we made our way to Westminster Cathedral. We then proceeded to Westminster Abbey, but after seeing they wanted over 20 pounds for a tour, we decided to opt out. Oi! After lunch we finally hit the British Museum. We did a whirlwind tour, but still managed to see several centuries of Man's contribution to civilization. It was then back on the Tube where we nade a stop at Harrod's Department Store. It is where the well-heeled shop. We saw a $60,000 bottle of cognac as well as a $28,000 of 50-year-old scotch. I'll stick to my Knob Creek which was considered "bottom shelf." We did pick up some tasty tidbits for our dinner in their amazing food court. And now it's time to say goodbye to England. Tomorrow we're on our way to gay Parie!
  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.