Sabot L'ours (sabotlours) wrote,
Sabot L'ours

Medical Post

I was going to keep this a secret (because I have a Sis you lurks here and might spill the beans to Mom who might get unnecessarily worried *Hi, Lou!*) but I guess I'll let the cat out of the bag. A couple of weeks ago I started feeling "off." I couldn't put my paw on it, but something just wasn't feeling right. I shrugged it off because this happens all of the time. I go through phases both mentally and physically. It used to worry me, but then I realized it was just a long-phase rollercoaster. If I started feeling anxious or depressed, I would just ride it out knowing that things would be fine in a few days. The same thing went for my physical self. If I started feeling like there was something wrong with me, I wouldn't panic. Everything would be fine in few days. So this little wave manifested itself in dizzy spells. Everything would be fine and I would suddenly get a head rush, like standing up too quickly. I would get light-headed for a moment, and it would pass like a wave washing over me. It started to happen with increasing frequency and intensity. Finally on Thursday while the carpet was being installed and I was watching the Bush funeral, I felt increasing waves of dizziness. I got up to do something and the next thing I know I'm sprawled on the floor with Kitty asking me if I'm OK. One of the workmen even came out of the bedroom to see what had happened. I had blacked out for about a minute according to Kitty. I immediately made an appointment with the doctor and saw him later in the day. The heart monitor was giving all sorts of weird readings. They ran an EKG and noticed that my beats were off. It seemed to be a simple arhythmia and I should take it easy for a few days. I went to see the doc again this morning, and everything seemed to be back to normal. Another EKG revealed a normal heartbeat. So I have no idea what happened. The doc seemed to shrug it off as something that can just happen. It's not a symptom of heart disease or something else going on. In other words, "shit happens." So I'll go in for a few more tests in the coming weeks just to be sure, but right now everything is back to normal. Well, as normal as things can be with me.
  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.